- It’s a sexual orientation and not a lifestyle.It’s neither fashion nor culture. Being gay isn’t in how you dress or eat, the type of house you live in OR the colours you adore. Being gay is just who you are – your being in all of its own uniqueness and faults. In a nutshell, homosexuality is nature just as heterosexuality.
- Homosexuality has no switch or time frame.I’ve heard people say, “I’m only gay for the time being. Once I get older and ready to settle down, I’ll definitely get married to a lady and be done with this life.”No! It’s not a race with a destination in sight. It is not a phase! This is no PS2 or chess game. You can’t turn off your gay (just as you can’t pray it away. Ask Bobby of the movie, Prayers for Bobby, he’d have more to say on this). Sure, you can decide to succumb to societal pressure, to familial expectations, you can decide to bend to the whims of heteronormativity and get married to a woman (if you’re a gay man) and vice-versa, but bare one thing in mind: exchanging those vows on that altar doesn’t mean you won’t be silently crushing on that well-dressed man seated at one of the front pews. You’re gay mister, and even a Catholic Priest can’t change that!
- Homosexuality isn’t the cause of the economic problems we have in this country.It’s definitely not responsible for the deaths in the middle belt region of Nigeria and has nothing to do with the present bad government. It’s only an orientation and not an epidemic. It’s got no powers to affect the growth and development of the nation. Go tackle the issues facing the country and leave gay men and women alone. Their sexual orientation has nothing to do with your ardent corrupt practices. In essence, what’s the need for the law?
- Mummy and Daddy, watching movies with homosexual content cannot, will not, and has never turned anyone gay.We very well know heterosexual content dominates the film industry. It’s mostly Ryan Reynolds and Shailyne Woolley banging on the creaking bed or Ramsey Noah and Genevieve getting our insides squishy with their believable love tales. We also know this is what a lot of us grew up watching. Now, if truly, movies have such magical powers, where are the gay ones sprouting out from? Saturn? Please, let’s not allow sentiments turn us into brain-dead vultures. It’s not cute.
- Homosexuality is totally independent of physical disposition, gender and what have you.Yes, you can be male and feminine and still not gay. Not all the Chris Colfers in the world are gay. You can be female and masculine and still not lesbian. Not all the Ellen DeGeneres’ are lesbians. Let’s stop being quick to throw someone into a sexuality box all because of the way he/she is. When you do that, you have summed up a whole being on account of his/her perceived sexual orientation. Any other thing they represent doesn’t count. It’s stereotypical. It’s preposterous and in such modern era, unacceptable.
- Homosexuality, just like heterosexuality, is only a part of a person. It doesn’t sum a whole being up.Your sexuality should not be confused with your personality. So yes, you can be gay and Christian, you can be gay and a paedophile, you can be gay and a thief, a corrupt politician, a rapist and so on. Do not cast the person away on the grounds that he is gay but because he is a murderer! You know why? Because we have all these people as heterosexuals too. They aren’t special. They aren’t in any way better. The same way a straight man can lie, a gay man can also. What makes the lie of a gay man any worse? What am I trying to say? GAY PEOPLE ARE ALSO HUMAN BEINGS. There’s nothing extraordinary (insert weird, abnormal). There’s no more to it than the fact that they are sexually attracted to people of the same sex.
- There’s nothing like a gay job. Please, a girl can decide to be a conductor just like a guy can decide to be a cook or a hairdresser. These are services rendered and have nothing to do with genitals not to talk of who you are attracted to.
- The whole world cannot, I repeat, CANNOT be homosexual.Just like the whole world can’t be black, Igbo, stupid or short. There would always be variations, its part of our existence. So when Homophobes throw shit like, “If everyone is gay, what becomes of the world?” do not be surprised when I burst their bubble with my word pins and consequently show them the level of daftness they’ve managed to attain.
- The last and probably not the least on this episode of Things You Probably Didn’t Know; Homosexuality is going nowhere. There would always be gay ones amongst a lot. Those ones who have found refuge in the Rainbow community.
Take it or leave it, pray against it or fight it with violence, homosexuality is here and it’s going nowhere.
Written by: Danyels Izuchukwu
- Being gay is beyond sex; Olumide Makanjuola says
- 10 Reasons why Kenya should decriminalize Homosexuality
- “My Thoughts About Homosexuality” – Straight Nigerian Reveals
- 5 tips that will help lesbians stay happy and healthy
- 7 Lies People Tell About Anal Sex!