Opportunity Alert: We are looking for an LGBTIQ+ writer
In line with our mission to advance LGBT [lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender] equality and acceptance through knowledge sharing and story-telling, NoStringsNG is seeking online content writers who are passionate about LGBT activism and ready to use journalism to amplify LGBT voices in Nigeria and to raise awareness on issues affecting sexual minority persons in the country.
Ideally, we are looking for a budding, passionate and enthusiastic individual with some reasonable experience in LGBTIQ+ advocacy/digital journalism.
Description of workflow
The selected individual will work remotely with an editor who will edit and proofread all submitted articles before they are published.
Individuals will be credited for their contents, except if they indicate otherwise.
Contents and opinions may speak on the following:
We are looking for authentic LGBT news, articles, movie/music reviews, interviews, opinions, and reports on the following themes;
Policies, LGBT rights, and the law, health, gender identity, sexuality, gender stereotypes, acceptance and inclusiveness, equality and human rights, religion, motivational etc.
The ideal person should possess most if not all of the qualities listed below:
- Must be an LGBTIQ+ Nigerian living in Nigeria and able to work remotely.
- Good communication skills.
- Good use of the computer [MS Word]
- Basic WordPress knowledge [not compulsory].
- Able to put together authentic and compelling LGBT-themed Nigerian news articles.
- Able to contribute at least 3 articles per month
- All writings must be advocacy-oriented, however, can be entertaining as well. We are not interested in publishing poems, book extracts, or erotic stories of any kind.
- If you are selected to be a part of the team, then, please be ready to promote content on social media by sharing them on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- This opportunity is strictly volunteer-based, and as such, we are only able to offer N20,000/per month. However, this is subject to review depending on the availability of funds and overall performance.
Before you apply, please kindly read our Terms & Conditions.
To apply, send an application letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.comHave something to share? Ready to tell your story? Contact us.