IMPROVED SEXUAL HEALTH AND RIGHTS ADVOCACY INITIATIVE (ISHRAI), a Lagos-based NGO is hiring for the position of a monitoring and evaluation officer.
The NGO caters to the needs of sexual minority persons in Nigeria.
Find details of the vacancy below.
IMPROVED SEXUAL HEALTH AND RIGHTS ADVOCACY INITIATIVE (ISHRAI),
Address: 197, Old Abeokuta expressway, Pen-Cinema, Agege, Lagos.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 08126094043, 08109724264
TITLE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: JOB VACANCY
Improved Sexual Health and Rights Advocacy Initiative, ISHRAI is a community based organization (CBO) that focuses on improving the health, wellbeing and social welfare of Sexual Minorities in Lagos state. We are non-profit making, non-government organization situated in Lagos, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
JOB TITLE: MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
LOCATION: AGEGE, LAGOS
About the Job
The monitoring and evaluation officer will ensure that data collection, consolidation and documentation are conducted in a timely manner and consistent with donor requirements and ISHRAI guidelines and best practices.
- Work with the various project teams to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems at the base level through training, site visits and other technical support as needed.
- Lead on compilation of regular monthly and quarterly base level reports using data provided by base project teams and ensure cross checking of data.
- Provide base level project data to help with donor monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Ensure consistency of programs in order to achieve the set targets in terms of number and quality.
- Support creation of a system for ensuring that information obtained is also shared with the community and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism.
- Facilitate and compile case studies, change stories and lessons learned reports on a regular basis to share wider programme and inform improvements in quality and delivery.
- Analyze information about the base level programme / projects and make recommendations for improvement.
- Undertake any other duty as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Must possess at least OND certificate in relevant field
- 2 years of direct experience on monitoring and evaluation.
- Training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to analyses data and summarise it for a range of different audiences.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Commitment to ISHRAI’s mission values and approach.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
- Demonstrated ability and understanding to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and techniques such as focus group discussions, key informant interviews, observations to name a few.
TO APPLY: Please write a cover letter attaching your CV to the administrative officer, ISHRAI either to be submitted in person or via Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 19th of June,2018. Shortlisted candidate will be communicated for assessment. Candidates not communicated to within 2 weeks of submission should note that his/her application was not successful.Have something to share? Ready to tell your story? Contact us.